Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The goal of this blog

When I learned to read, some of the very first books I read dealt with the experiences of people exploring various parts of the world. I thought my life was extremely boring, and being all of seven years at the time, wanted to fill it with perilous adventures in far off places. However there was the small detail of my parents which for some reason seemed to be less than enthused with the idea of a seven year old boy embarking on dramatic and perilous journeys. As I grew older and eventually went places and started filling my life with experiences, I sometimes wondered if they could be of interest to other people. However in those ancient pre-Internet times the number of people that you could share your interests was limited to your inmediate geographical location. Now thanks to the magic of the web I will be able to share some of my experiences with like minded people all over the world. I expect to write about my experiences cultivating various types of orchids, raising parrots, breeding fish and a little bit about friends and people that I have met. With a 100 million other blogs in the web. I can only guess just how many people will visit this one, nevertheless I will try to make the blog informative and interesting for those that pay me a visit.

1 comment:

Tropicalgardener said...

OK Ricardo...I certainly know who you are! Do you have two different last names?